Chapter 3 – Crafty Lady’s life!
1. My Heartfelt pattern book arrived! It’s just beautiful. The patterns are gorgeous and it’s come with its own errata! I’m planning on doing Calm first, followed by Emily and Cherish. This will be made easier by point 2…
2. I am now working at the Wool Baa in Albert Park, Melbourne’s premiere LYS with beautiful luxury yarns, such as Rowan, Jo Sharp, Debbie Bliss. mmmmm. I’m loving it! I’m only working a few shifts a week and so will need to find other work as well, but I really enjoy it. It should pick up more as the weather gets colder, but that’s a while off yet! (there’s also a part time position going at a book store which would be a wonderful complement). And the best part? Staff discount! And it’s *ahem* hefty! Also, it is strangely satisfying enabling others (even strangers) to feed their yarn addiction, thus reducing my own yearning to buy. Plus i get to pat the pretties 😀
3. My mother loved her knitted Odessa beanie, worked in Teal with silver beads for her to wear to the football. It was her birthday today and this was a little extra unexpected present. She rang to tell me how much she loves it and will send photos soon (or so she says)
4. I am crafting like a fiend and there are many new items up on my etsy store.
5. I’ve made some little packages for Australian Random Acts of Kindness on Ravelry and am looking forward to sending them out!